History enthusiasts will love this globe's authentic antique world map from 1790 in crisp white and green colors.
The Antique Terrestrial White globe combines a vintage map created in 1790 with modern updates that make it unlike any globe you've had before. Every continent and ocean is shown with absolute clarity and contrast, and it features lines showing the three voyages of Captain James Cook–a design element first created in 1790 by Giovanni Maria Cassini. The map also shows the United States which was very young at the time and not included on many maps. With its smooth, independent rotations, it's like history comes to life in your home or office.
- This globe utilizes solar cell technology to rotate silently on its own with any ambient indoor light or indirect sunlight, no batteries or wires required. Non-toxic fluids rest between the inner and outer acrylic shells for low-friction environment
- Measures 4.5 inches in diameter, fitting in the palm of your hand; slightly larger than a softball. After base assembly, measures approximately 7 inches in height and weighs 4 pounds
- Globe comes with easy-to-assemble 3-pronged acrylic stand and user manual, all in secure foam packaging
- Unique gift item for home decorators, tech geeks, world travelers, astronomy enthusiasts, educators, corporation gifts and the person who already has everything. Globe's silent movement reflects the steady rotation of the earth while sparking conversation and wonder for anyone who comes across its path
- 2015 Luxury Gift of the Year Award Winner
- Antique map from 1790
- Features latitude and longitude lines
- A red ecliptic line is also present, showing the sun's position each day of the year.
- Note there is no Antarctica because James Cook didn't believe it existed.
- Turns using ambient light
- Hidden magnets provide movement
- No cords or batteries